About Me

The serial progenitor of these assorted ramblings: a 22-year old boy aiming to bring about, by any unanimously consensual means, that state of society wherein all people accrue their beliefs empirically, all people are vegan and humane to sentience, all people possess the knowledge and resources to sustain themselves without having to serve or be served by another, all people rely exclusively on clean and renewable energy sources, and all people are of one nation whose chief concern is the preservation of that nation's habitat from cosmic turbulence. Being entirely ill-equipped and ill-informed for this grand mission, I've resolved to blog until I get better at it.

5/2/11

General News - A Blog Is Born

A warmest welcome extended to thee, 
o great and gaping chamber of echoes!  
Your welcome is a silence, extended to me - 
for now a cherished sympathy.
For in not knowing whether I am to die or grow, 
not wishing any wayward hope to show,
I must suckle the myriad breast of quiet curiosity.
What greatness might herein lie?  
What failures, what foibles, what pretentious guise? 
You cannot know any more than I, 
yet I may dream
Of relevance and wit, and a will to let me scream.
Scream! Scream, scream, 
until some wandering god sees fit,
to direct an echo back to me, 
and that I may happily hear it.


I will attempt to keep this blog updated every week.  I couldn't possibly bring myself to update it every day.  I just don't have that much to say.  In fact, even weekly might be a stretch.  As Aristotle once said, "A wise man speaks when he feels he has something to say - a fool speaks when he feels he has to say something".  A blog seems like one of those things to make you feel you have to say something.  Perhaps that is the point - to have something to say by the time you know you'll have to say it, and so stave off the appearance of foolishness even after weeks of climbing up onto the soapbox to announce yourself.  


Each post I make will be titled either Fiction, Poetry, Philosophy (and if philosophy, I will specify which branch), Mathematics, or Vocal Play (there probably won't be any of those until I get a voice recorder or web-cam that adequately picks up my range, so we'll see when that happens...).  I don't really expect anyone other than me to ever find this blog, since I don't plan on ever telling anyone else about it, so this will be a good place to check on my growth as a budding writer/poet/mathematician/singer.  Perhaps when I finally achieve my dream of tending an edible forest garden I can add a "how-to-make-your-backyard-a-practical-paradise" category.  See you later, future-me!

No comments:

Post a Comment